Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Activities: I Spy Book


My son Mr. I loves I Spy books and I couldn't wait to come up with some way to keep him entertained with a cool book. I was so excited to come up with a way to make our own. 

I hope you have fun making one for your child. 

Supplies:

Card Stock 8x11

Magazines

Glue

Laminating sheets

Scissors

Hole punch

Ball keychain

Computer and printer (optional)

Directions:

Take the cardstock and measure out four squares. You will need 7 squares. 

Take one square and make a cover. Come up with a title and use your computer to print it out or use your own handwriting. I used letter stickers and stars. 

Next think of a theme you would like each page to be. Cut out objects from magazines to complete a theme. You will need 6 themes.

Now organize all your clippings into categories.

Take a square and start organizing the pictures in a collage pattern. Once you get an idea of how you want it you can start gluing.

Glue all the pictures on your cardstock. 




Once you get all your squares covered it’s time to make a list of things you want to spy. Depending on the age of your child you may only want to do 3 to 5 things. 

Type the list on the computer like this:

I Spy

A Butterfly
Three Paw Prints
Five Animals with Fur
Five Insects and
Four things that Fly

Print out the lists. (Check your list 2-3 times before you print it out.)

Cut out the lists and glue them to the backside of the picture. 



Next laminate the pages so that the book can last a long time.

Punch holes in the top corner and put the keychain through them to keep it together. 


You now have a cool “I Spy" book. Take it along in the car for long drives and bring along a dry erase marker to circle the objects when you find them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment