Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Candy Birthday Card


This past weekend we celebrated my nephew's 18th birthday. I had no idea what to get him and I had a very limited budget. I wanted to do something fun and he would enjoy.

I had seen plenty of candy cards in my lifetime but I had never done one. I decided this would be an easy gift and fun to do. I took a trip to the Dollar Tree to see what they had to offer. I stood in the candy aisle for what seemed like hours trying to figure out what candy would work for a great card. I had my notebook out writing down different sentences with each candy title. I'm sure the people around me were wondering what I was doing.

I had a lot of fun putting it together and my nephew seemed to like it as well and my family members thought it was a cute idea.

If you have a birthday party coming up this is not very expensive to make and it just takes a little writing and rewriting to come up with your own version.

Here is what you need:

Poster Board
Pencil
Marker
Packing Tape
Candy
Construction paper

Instructions:

Take your poster board and write out your note on it with pencil first. This will make it easier to place your candy and know how much room you will need.

Next take your marker and start going over your pencil marks. When it's time to add the candy use the packing tape to tape it on. Just take a piece and create a circle and stick it on the back of the candy.

You now have a great birthday card. You can also make this for other occasions too.

If you are using candy that you don't want letters to show or name use construction paper to cover up the unwanted letters. (See runts in the picture)






No comments:

Post a Comment