Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!


It's a new year and usually that means it's time to set some goals. I usually make them and break them but I think it's because I set my goals to high so this year I'm going to try some obtainable ones.

Here's my goals for this year:


Read some classic stories to my children. I'm going to check out some from the library or go to our local discount book store and find them there. 

Read the Bible. I have never read the whole bible and this year I thought I would try it. There is a great app called YouVersion it has several plans for reading and I'm going to use it. I also noticed you can listen to it as well. 

Make a menu each month. I started this last year and it worked out so well. Making a menu saved me time and money at the grocery store. I also started using my crock pot and that is a great time saver. I'll have to post about it sometime. 

Keep my house in order. The house can get crazy with three boys so keeping up with it will be a major task. I am going to focus on doing one big thing for the day and then maybe it will be better. 

Start a bible study. I have wanted to for a long time and I hope this year will be the year to start it. 

Spend time each month as a family. This is a huge one for me. My children are so spread out in age that is makes it hard for us to do anything together but I'm going to make it happen. We can do movie nights and game nights. I will plan a couple a month. 

Say I love you more in different ways by doing small acts of kindness for my family. I say I love you but I don't always show it. I wanted to find different ways to express my love to my husband and my kids. My examples might be taking out the trash for my son sometimes, cleaning the kids rooms, taking the kids to their favorite places, making their favorite meal. 

Send out at least one note each month. I miss hand written letters. I use to send my cousin one each week and receive one back from her. This year I will pick someone each month to write a hand written letter too. 

Make myself a reminder in my calendar for my goals. I tend to forget my goals and get side tracked from doing something about them. This year I don't want to forget. I set up my calendar with reminders through out the month so I will remember. 

Write a love note to Jesus every month. I really want to enrich my relationship with Christ this year and I thought this might be a great way to do it. 

What are your goals for 2013? 

1 comment: