I love making journals, it's one of my favorite things to make for family and friends. I make journals or baby books for occasions such as new baby, birthdays or Christmas. I've been making them for several years now and I think everyone in my family has at least one. They are super easy to make and well worth the effort. Plus they are cheap too. You can find the books at the Dollar Tree or Walmart.
4 sheets of 8x11 scrapbook paper
Double sided sticky tape or mounting tape
1. First take the front of the book and put mounting tape on it. I put mine around the edges and some in the middle. Just do the front for now. Then you remove the paper to expose the tape.
2. Use the glue stick and put it all over the front of the book.
3. Take the paper you want to use on the front and make sure you put the paper on so that the book is towards the middle of the paper. You want to line it up against the black bind with paper hanging over the top, bottom and side. NOTE: Make sure you put the paper on the right direction when you are applying it to the book. You won't be able to remove it.
4. Press down paper using your hand to smooth it out.
5. Do the back of the book. The same way.
6. Take the front cover and use your scissors to cut along the edges of the book. (I have a friend who uses an exacto knife to cut it just right, I prefer scissors.) Remember to cut the back too.
7. Take the inside front cover and repeat steps 1-6 and then repeat to do the back inside cover too.
8. When you are done cutting the pages your books should look like this.
9. Now that you got the paper on your book the way you want it, it's time to decorate it. You can put the person's name on the front, add stickers and embellishments as you want.
You now have a finished book. Wrap it up and give it to someone special.
Use rubber stamps and stamp the first 20 or so pages in the upper right hand corner or use stickers.
Add a bookmark. When you put the back paper on you can stick a piece of yarn under the paper with extra tape or tacky glue. Then put the paper over it and you got a bookmark.
The sky is the limit. Use your imagination and create whatever you like. Have fun and enjoy!