Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Trying to be Healthy


Get up and go to kitchen. Look for healthy food. Go ahead go look. I’ll still be here when you get back. What did you find? If you’re like me you found a bunch of junk.

I decided it’s time for me and my family to start eating better and I need to loose some of my weight. Let's get started. Most of all I just really want my family to eat better.

I just started my journey this week and I must say it’s hard. I never realized how much junk I had in my house until yesterday. I went into my kitchen to find something to eat for lunch. I opened my cabinets to find macaroni and cheese, packages of rice and instant potatoes. Than I went to the freezer and found tater tots, french fries, waffles, ice cream and pot pies. The refrigerator let me down too. I found nothing but a whole lot of processed foods and fatting snacks. I was really sad. I guess I never really looked at my pantries that way before. 



I thought we were doing good. I mean I use ground turkey instead of hamburger. I serve at least two vegetables at dinner. Isn’t  that good enough.  So in my despair I opted for the pot pie from the freezer for lunch. I know it’s an awful choice but what else was I suppose to eat. Oh, I could’ve had a peanut butter sandwich. That would have been a better choose but I didn’t think of that.

I decided it’s time for me and my family to start eating better and I need to loose some of my weight. It’s time to get started. Most of all I just really want my family to eat better.

So last night before bed I got onto Pinterest and started looking for healthy choices. There are a ton of alternatives to all that stuff I have hidden away in the cabinets. I was surprised at how many things I forgot about and things I’ve never thought about.

It’s my goal from now on to make better choices. I’m not planning on changing over night or taking everything out of the house that is bad but I do want to offer things to my family that are better. I want to at least try. Even if it’s just having fresh veggies and fruits available all the time, that is a great place to start.

Here’s to make better choices.

What does your family enjoy? Are you making good choices for your family? What are some of your favorite snacks or meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment