Monday, January 23, 2012
Craft: Chinese Lanterns
The Chinese New Year starts today, it's The Year of the Dragon. Celebrate by making a Chinese Lantern.
Different color construction paper
Stapler or glue
1. Take one piece of construction paper.
2. Fold paper in half lengthwise.
3. Use a pencil and make lines about ½ inch a part. Leaving 1 inch to the edge of paper.
4. Next cut on each line. Make sure not to cut all the way through.
5. Unfold the paper and make it into a round shape.
6. Use glue or stapler to hold ends together. Do this on both ends. Repeat steps to make more lanterns.
7. Punch a hole in the top of each lantern.
8. Take yarn and string the lanterns onto the yarn. Find a place to display your lanterns for the Chinese New Year.