Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crafts: Getting Ready for Valentine’s Day



Valentine's Day Cards 

Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. Do you need an idea? Here is one that will be fun to do and pretty inexpensive.

I did this a couple of years ago for my husband and had so much fun with it, that I thought I would share it here.  This year I'll do it for my kids too.


Get 14 cards, note cards, postcards or index cards. Whatever you can write a love note on. You can get cheap cards just about anywhere. You can also make your own cards with stickers, markers, construction paper, glitter and whatever else you have on hand.

Send one card everyday of the week or put it in the dresser, lunch pail, backpack, car, wherever you want your loved one to find it. Sending a card in the mail is great because not a lot of people get mail anymore and this would be neat for kids too. On Sunday you can't send one so hide it somewhere in the house that they can find it. Don't forget about sending them to work.

Inside the card you can say whatever you want. Be creative and have fun. Put clues on them for where you will take him or her out for Valentine's or pieces of a puzzle they will have to put together. Adding stickers, candy, small toys, pencils, pens and anything small would also be fun for anyone.


Tomorrow will be the first so start making them today.


Have fun and Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Terri,
    I really enjoy reading your blogs! You are very crafty and have really awesome ideas! I cant wait to share this and do it for my family! Thanks for the great fun idea!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a good one. I love being sneaky with my little family so I think this would be a great one. It will be so much fun to find a new place to hide thier "love notes". Although I think it might take a little creativity on my part as well. Oh man today is the first!!!! I need to go and do this now!! Thanks for such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete