Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Starting Your Week Off Right


I’m going to be totally honest here, which is sometimes really hard.  I feel guilty and hate feeling bad when people think so differently of me. Ok, so here it is. I haven’t been to church in about 8 months. I know as a Christian this doesn’t sound very good but I really want to be better about going. I had a baby 8 months ago and found myself not going because I didn’t want to take my newborn preemie to church and I also just didn’t want to get up and go.

I finally got up yesterday with my two older boys and headed to church. I knew it was going to be good. It’s always so good and timely. I felt like I was where I was supposed to be. Praise and worship always moves me. The music rings in my heart and soul. I’m always in tears by the time it ends. Yesterday was just the same.

This morning I’m starting to realize the importance of going to church. It’s not only good for me and my relationship with Christ but it’s good for my family too. I started the day with a more positive attitude and a new perspective.

Lately I’ve been really kind of sad and feel lonely being a stay at home mom and going to church made me realize my worth in Christ. He reminded me that he has plans for me and I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing at this time in my life. It might not be bringing in money but it’s sharing time with my baby and I won’t get this time back.

It’s never easy getting ready for church. Satan makes sure you find every reason to stay home and not go but I promise you will feel better when you go. I know sometimes you feel little and unworthy but God doesn’t think that way about you. You are so much more to him.

When Sunday comes again next week guess where I’ll be going? How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment