Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Keeping a Baby Book


I never realized how important it is to keep a baby book until I had to answer questions at a doctor’s office for my second child. When you think about baby books it’s usually just something you think is a simple gift for a new mommy however it is so much more. It’s a great place to store memories of you and your baby. A place to keep memorabilia and journal what your baby was doing each month.

My middle child has been down a rough road since he was about 3 1/2. I started to notice something different in the way he acted in comparison to other children his age. I spoke with many people to find out what I could do to help him. He is now almost 6 and after all those years the baby book helped me answer so many questions about him. If I hadn’t kept information together for him since birth I would’ve had a harder time helping him.

Each doctor I took him to would ask questions about his development and when he learned how to walk, talk and a thousand of other questions. Over all I think I’ve had to fill out 10 to 15 packet’s just about his development. If I hadn’t had the baby book I don’t know how I would’ve been able to do it.

It’s super important to keep a baby book for your child. It can be full of funny things they did and happy memories of walking, talking and crawling around. It’s also a great resource if you ever have to go through doctor visits for your child. I hope you never do but I know this is one thing that helped me so much and I hope that it will help someone else too.

Enjoy your baby and take pictures often of the wonderful memories they share each day. They grow so quickly and in a blink of an eye they are gone off to college. It’s hard to imagine now but I promise they will be big before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment